Sleep disturbance and fatigue are two of the most common complaints I see in my practice. I recently interviewed Sleep expert, Dan Pardi on The Myers Way Podcast, and below are some of the take-home tips for better sleep from that interview.
10 Tips For Better Sleep
1. Sign up for Dan Pardi’s Plan humanOS.
2. Buy amber light bulbs and install them in lamps throughout your house. Use them once the sun begins to go down.
3. If you work on your computer or read on your iPad at night then download the f.lux app which creates an amber hue on the screen.
4. Determine your ideal number of hours of sleep as Dan describes in The Myers Way Podcast by seeing when you wake up without an alarm. Best to try this on the weekends.
5. Set the intention of going to bed at the same time each night as determined by your ideal number of hours of sleep.
6. Get black out curtains for your bedroom.
7. Take a hot bath with Epsom salt. The Epsom salt contains magnesium to relax you and your muscles.
8. Get outside and expose yourself to natural light at least three times a day.
9. Cut the nightcap! Alcohol affects your sleep cycle.