The Myers Way Episode 3: A Functional Medicine Approach To Thyroid Issues
In this podcast, Dr. Myers explains everything you need to know about thyroid issues.
Click link below to listen to the podcast
Click the media player below to listen to the podcast.
Podcast: Play in new window
“Chris Kresser notes that one in eight women have Hashimoto’s disease as well as up to 10% of women over 60 have clinical or subclinical hypothyroidism.”
1. How common are thyroid issues today?
2. What are the most common Thyroid issues?
Mini Med School
1. What is the thyroid and what does it do?
2. What is A brief explanation of the TSH, T4, T3, T3 uptake, Free Thyroxine Index, Free T3, Reverse T3 and Free T4 biomarkers and perhaps their relationship to each other?
3. How does one know that they have a thyroid issue and what are the most common symptoms?
4. What tests does one get and what should they look for?
5. The major test that most doctors don’t test for but is essential for understanding your thyroid.
6. Is it useful for everyone to get tested for thyroid biomarkers?
7. Dr. Myers’ Blog on the Thyroid. Click here to view and print.
Causes of Thyroid Issues
1. What is the connection between wheat and autoimmunity?
2. What does leaky gut have to do with the thyroid?
3. What is the relationship between celiac, autoimmune and specifically and thyroid?
4. What are goitrogens and how do they affect thyroid health?
5. Is there a link between hormone imbalances and/or adrenal burnout and thyroid problems?
6. Amy explains the major theories of the causes of thyroid issues: leaky gut, halides, mercury, viruses, and mineral deficiencies.
1. What is your approach to healing thyroid issues?
2. How do you know if you’ve overcome your thyroid issue?
3. What the differences between natural and synthetic thyroid medication?
To subscribe to The Myers Way Podcast on iTunes click here.
I encourage you to write a review on iTunes!
Restore Thyroid Function & Take Your Health Back
In my new book, The Thyroid Connection, I cover everything you need to know about thyroid disease, including its true underlying causes, how to work with your doctor, how to choose the right medication, and a 28-day program to get your life back.
Updated on: Published on: