With picnic and cookout season in full swing, this delicious Green Apple and Cabbage Slaw is perfect to have on hand for your next summer gathering!
In this recipe, I added green apples for an extra bit of crunch and tartness, and a light touch of sweetness. The crisp fruit is an amazing addition to this cabbage-based dish.
Refreshing and bursting with flavor, your family won’t even notice this coleslaw recipe skips the mayo and eggs. Trust me, it’s so yummy they will be adding another spoonful to their plates!
And whether you’re cooking for one or your entire family, you can easily double and even triple this recipe to accommodate your guest list.
I already have plans to add this Green Apple and Cabbage Slaw to my upcoming party menus, and I hope you will too!
Green Apple and Cabbage Slaw
- 2 cups NaN ml red cabbage shredded
- 2 cups NaN ml green cabbage shredded
- 1 green apple spiralized or shredded
- 2 carrot shredded into about 1/2 cup
- 6 Tbsp 88.72 ml green onions approximately 3 stalks, sliced
- 2 tablespoons 29.57 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons 29.57 ml apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon NaN ml honey (optional - avoid for AIP)
- ground black pepper to taste
- sea salt to taste
- Combine cabbage, apples, and green onions together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the olive oil, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing into slaw mixture and combine. Let sit in refrigerator for 30 minutes or more, then serve.